Skip to main content

Bring All Your Online Chaos into One Chaos Platform call Notion

Central Chaos


Notion is.... Chaos

You heard that right. It's a web platform that works like a Word / Docs, Excel / Sheets, Notes, Trello, Wordpress, Blogger, Evernote, basically; whatever you have online everywhere is now can be centralize into one place.

I'm not going to talk about Notion for company with teams.

I want to talk about Notion for the use of 1, myself.

Why is Notion a chaos?

I discovered Notion months ago, but I only heard the name and saw the site. But I never logged in and actually used it until today.

Right after registration, you are welcomed into the world of everything.

Want to do a Word Doc? You can do it in Notion
Want to do a Spreedsheet? You can do it in Notion
Want to create a Note List or To Do List? You can do it in Notion
Want to write a Journal? You can do it in Notion
Wanto to take a quick note? You can do it in Notion?
Want to create a CRM sheet with database? You can do it in Notion
Want to design a Roadmap like Monday? You can do it in Notion
Want to create a Blog Post? You can do it in Notion
Want to build a website? You can do it in Notion

Now, do you want to pull everything that I just wrote up there and centralize it into one page and make it public (or private)?
YES! NOTION CAN!

It is freakingly scrary what Notion can and possibly do

It is a powerful platform, a genius idea, and it is a Chaotic platform for someone who is chaotic.

That can work both ways being a good chaos or bad chaos.

Chaos in one place

I am a chaos with my organization online. I take notes on Grammarly, Google Docs, Google Keep, and Google Sheets... Owh, and in Whatsapp too where I Whatsapp myself quick notes. Don't bother ask me why I put my notes everywhere, it just ended up this way.

I make my drafts on Grammarly and Google Docs and these drafts will flow away into the mist of other drafts which will end up forgotten and unseen.

I have endless Google Sheet files for endless uses.

I also have Trello to project manage my every projects.

While all these chaos is majorly within Google and Google Drive. It is convenient and in the same time annoying when you want to open Google Docs file, and then you want to open another Google Docs file, and then you want to open Google Sheet file.
All this is a load. When the internet is good, it's good, when you opening lots of files in one go, it is annoying to have multiple tabs and eats the RAM.

With Notion, I can see myself creating a doc and spreadsheet in one place. I reduce load time for sure and within one Chrome tab, I can see the files from the side bar and just open the file quickly. 

You have to try it and see yourself.

Notion feels like Gutenberg

I spend alot of time on Wordpress and Gutenberg is my main choice of web building.
When I see Notion has this:
I immediately feel like home.

Just like Gutenberg, type "/" and you can preview the available commands (blocks in Gutenberg) and select the ones you want to choose. Eventually you can just write "/to-do list" once you memorize what commands you commonly use and work flow just gets faster.

Just because I know and love using the "/" command system, I have now converted to be using Notion more and more often.

There is endless of commands available and it is mind blowing! You can literally do everything right inside one page and you can go crazy.

I swear this Notion has gotten me hook to put all my chaos into one place. I think my workflow will be much improved in the future.

I may do a follow up writing on the progress of my life with Notion. If anyone wants to see my personal progress on Notion, drop a comment. If I see 1 comment that ask me for a follow up review on Notion, I promise I shall give.

Notion as a Website

This is mind blowing to me when one of example templates is blog post and Wiki! This is freaking me out!

You can literally build a website or a blog site in Notion and make it public. Even has sub-page so you can link around. 

You know how they say about Launch your website for free? This is it!

So far, I havn't figure out the storage limit for Notion Free account or paid. But it does say unlimited pages and blocks. 

I put the link to the pricing here

Maybe I will find the answer as I dive deeper into Notion but for now, it is still an amazing platform worth exploring.

So,

So far I'm enjoying myself using Notion and I want to try build a website or a blog site in Notion soon just to understand everything but Notion is way more poweful than just building a site.

If I do launch one, I may drop the review (or guide) in my other site

I think they might be getting 1 new paid user soon if that person uses more and more often. *cough*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first impression on Imgur - A Website to browse funny and interesting visual images and videos

 LOL This is what came into my mind when I visit Imgur for the first time.  imgur.com Keep scrolling on Imgur and feel entertained At first impression, I thought it was a website to view memes and gif images. But not until you press on one of the gifs (I thought) and it turns out to be a video. Is it a fun website? Definitely! The more I scroll through, the more I see it as a spare time entertainment website with a lower chance of getting smash on the face with ads and content that is just not fun. I guess it is a very unique niche website that is alternative to TikTok to get your daily juice of entertainment I opened an account and probably try and share something in Imgur and see if it's entertaining in the eyes of other Imgur users My Imgur Profile

Who knew there is a faster way to extract images from pdf file

 What a life changer! I would normally extract in image via GIMP or Photoshop before this until I received a file with many images I needed to use to create an article. A quick google sends me to site where you can just upload the file and bam! The images has been extracted! So far, it was able to extract images from a small amount of pages. But when I uploaded a pdf file with 60 pages, it was only able to extract the first 10+ pages. There must be a reason for it but better than nothing right. Also loving it where you don't need to login or sign up to use, just upload, download, and done! This site saves me alot of time and credits to them making this and thank you! Link: PDF Candy

This is the First Post

 Hi Thought I should start by saying Hi and Hello This is my very first post on this blog and for those of you from the future who might have been scrolling on my blog to find the first post... This is it! So let me introduce myself The Missing Driver This is my second username and id I kept and used (once in a while nowadays) since 2006 back when I was in Australia.  The very first time this name appeared was in the MSN Messenger. If ever somewhere in this world of internet, you might have known me from this name, hello again. It has been a while Throughout my years, I have travelled and stayed in Australia, Asia, and Europe. But one thing that has been following throughout my life is the internet. I always find myself exploring the internet and everywhere on the internet with the most random topics. And now, I feel the need to share it out here. The Missing Driver does not have a direct meaning when I first came up with the name. Through my rough memory, it meant to me the model cars