Skip to main content

There is Blogger, and there is Google Site

 I am totally confused af~

As I'm setting up my life online on various platforms, I stumbled upon this thing call Google Sites.


At first, I felt what the f...

I knew there was Google Site for Business and you use it for Google Maps .etc.

But once I opened and played with the settings, it's a proper Site Making platform. Just like Blogger.

But isn't Blogger owned by Google as well?

I mean, since there is Blogger, why have two platforms to create a Site while you can just develop Blogger to make websites like Google Site and just maintain one platform?

Probably there are reasons for it

Anyway,

Google Site

After playing around with the tools and templates, I can easily make a multi page proper Business website without the need to pay for any hosting fees or even domain fees if I'm not bothered too much with wanting the URL bragging rights.

And definitely, easy to use and I'm sure it can rank SEO wise since it's made by Google right?

The only thing I find it inconvenient is the posts, Blogger is still easier and more convenient. 

So I'm staying on Blogger for personal blogging and if I were a business, I would blog in blogger and link it to the Google Site for the front end look.

Dropping my Google Site link here and gonna make it better looking down the road

-

For the record, Blogger is not my only running blog. I do blog on Wordpress for business.

My journey on making websites and blogging started back in high school looking my friends using blogspot especially my crush writing her diary and life journal up on her blogspot and hoping to see if there is any mention on me or a hint. Well, she did not, and.. moving on~

It's not until I gone to College in Serbia that I learn Web Design as Short Course. 

Used the Adobe Dreamweaver and learn about html and CSS and how to host on your own local server.

My first launch of a website and in my own server was actually for a client who wants a website for his coal mining business. 

Man it was a hell to write on Dreamweaver with deadlines and special requests. 

After that I discovered Wix and the drag and drop bit is so fun and easy!

Until I felt it was restrictive beyond Business making website, I jumped to Shopify for the e-commerce world. And then Dropshipping using the Oberlo + Shopify.

And then Print on Demand + Shopify

It was only at this point, I started learning about blogging and the world of SEO

That changed me and I jumped to Wordpress and began the journey.

And finally, here we are, after years and years of avoiding blogspot, I am now here opening my own online journal on Blogger when almost everyone has left Blogger lol.

Just realised how easy it is to use Blogger to just launch and write what's in my mind

Should have done this when I was a teenager like the rest of my friends. Boy that would have help with my constant rapid thinking and just throw it out online and make space for other random thinking in my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first impression on Imgur - A Website to browse funny and interesting visual images and videos

 LOL This is what came into my mind when I visit Imgur for the first time.  imgur.com Keep scrolling on Imgur and feel entertained At first impression, I thought it was a website to view memes and gif images. But not until you press on one of the gifs (I thought) and it turns out to be a video. Is it a fun website? Definitely! The more I scroll through, the more I see it as a spare time entertainment website with a lower chance of getting smash on the face with ads and content that is just not fun. I guess it is a very unique niche website that is alternative to TikTok to get your daily juice of entertainment I opened an account and probably try and share something in Imgur and see if it's entertaining in the eyes of other Imgur users My Imgur Profile

Who knew there is a faster way to extract images from pdf file

 What a life changer! I would normally extract in image via GIMP or Photoshop before this until I received a file with many images I needed to use to create an article. A quick google sends me to site where you can just upload the file and bam! The images has been extracted! So far, it was able to extract images from a small amount of pages. But when I uploaded a pdf file with 60 pages, it was only able to extract the first 10+ pages. There must be a reason for it but better than nothing right. Also loving it where you don't need to login or sign up to use, just upload, download, and done! This site saves me alot of time and credits to them making this and thank you! Link: PDF Candy

This is the First Post

 Hi Thought I should start by saying Hi and Hello This is my very first post on this blog and for those of you from the future who might have been scrolling on my blog to find the first post... This is it! So let me introduce myself The Missing Driver This is my second username and id I kept and used (once in a while nowadays) since 2006 back when I was in Australia.  The very first time this name appeared was in the MSN Messenger. If ever somewhere in this world of internet, you might have known me from this name, hello again. It has been a while Throughout my years, I have travelled and stayed in Australia, Asia, and Europe. But one thing that has been following throughout my life is the internet. I always find myself exploring the internet and everywhere on the internet with the most random topics. And now, I feel the need to share it out here. The Missing Driver does not have a direct meaning when I first came up with the name. Through my rough memory, it meant to me the model cars